Saturday, September 11, 2010

Manhattan / Sunset

This is a Falcon Lake sunset, August long weekend at Reimers' cottage.
I've been away for most of the summer.
I've been drinking wine.
This evening, though, I managed to make a Manhattan, sort of sweet and sophisticated. If I had to drink whiskey it would be a tolerable way to do it. But then, why would I ever have to drink whiskey?
I'm going to Paris next week, alone. I will look for absinthe, and all manners of bitters. And Mirabelle plum puree.
I may purchase a trench coat.
I want a Saskatchewan winter, because we're watching "Blades of Glory" and Will Ferrell is into the snowy parking lot in skates. I wanted to be Brian Boitano for a while, in 1988. Caleb adores Will Ferrell. The night we watched "Land of the Lost", in June, and it was the funniest thing ever - was a good night.
Shadow is licking her paws after stealing our Sugar Crisps and cheese.
What I really need is tea and aspirin, for my thrombosed AVM.
I have been somewhat homeless for the past month, and will be until October - so may not have another cocktail-making opportunity until then. I am wrapping my liqueurs up in tea towels and packing them in Rubbermaid boxes.
This is a Falcon Lake sunset. Oh yes, I said that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment