Saturday, January 9, 2010

Avalon... My Favorite Song by Roxy Music and a Good Cocktail, Too

Today the cat stayed outside for more than five minutes for the first time in weeks - it was a little nicer, fifteen below or so. I bought groceries and walked the two bridges across the Atikokan River, then purchased plain vodka and vanilla vodka and something called Cloud Nine that I was pressured into buying, floaty fuscia waves to drink straight before a meal, apparently, which I will give to the Larsons as a hostess gift tomorrow.
I also played Super Mario Bros. with Jule for quite some time, and bathed, and changed everyone's sheets, and made a Thai chicken salad with peanut sauce, and a German chocolate cake, and I feel quite accomplished, though over-full. I did 50 sit-ups as penance. While cooking supper I drank my Avalon, gulped it down, it was so fruity and yummy, like a crisp fruit salad. That's how I'll use up my banana liqueur, for sure. Is that how liqueur is spelled? I should know this by now.
I'm wishing for spring already, but winter's only starting, and we have yet to really get into it. We are planning to cross-country ski on Thursday, though, and are going to Lutsen two weeks from now, just our family, to eat and ski and swim and read books and nothing else. I should exercise tomorrow too, as Monday and Tuesday I'll just be working, but between dinner at the Larson's and making a cocktail and eating chocolate cake and figuring out what to wear with my new grey boots... well, we'll see.
Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment